A la Tamie. Make a list of your own, if you like.
- - -
1. I have a neurotic habit of adding up numbers - on clock displays, barcodes, phone digits; anything. And multiples of three are lucky. If I set the microwave timer, it has to add up to a multiple of three. (34 seconds on power level 8, for example. 3+4+8 = 15.)
2. I also like some contemporary Christian music. I hide it away like most people probably hide their porn.
3. I went to a Lutheran preschool. My teacher was a British woman named Mrs. Kibsey. Her assistant teacher was Ms. Young, who made me eat my sandwich when it got all crusty and yelled at my best friend Elliott and I for kicking up dust in the sandbox playing trucks. I didn't like her.
4. Speaking of Elliott, I totally stalk my elementary school peers on social networking sites. I love seeing what they're up to.
5. I love the teeny-tiny little spiders that sit in corners staring at the wall for months on end.
6. From age 9 to 14, to I was overweight. I still don't like people watching me eat.
7. I once hit a pigeon on the way to school. It landed directly in front of my car, and exploded in a spectacular display of feathers. The drivers around passed by laughing, but I felt so bad I pulled over, was late for class, and prayed for the poor bird. In retrospect, it was just a little bit funny.
8. The sound of people chewing noisily makes me cringe. Thank God for restaurants!
9. Same story for vacuum cleaners. I have to turn up my MP3 player obnoxiously loud when I'm cleaning.
10. I've never been able to keep a plant alive for more than a month.
11. If my feet are uncovered, I absolutely cannot fall asleep.
12. I've kept a journal since I was seven.
13. There is a large xylophone under my bed.
- - -